Thursday, August 26, 2010

Economical stew

One of the most economical and tasty dishes I make is probably my Hamburger Stew. I'm not a great cook but this is one of the few dishes I "just make." Ingredients can vary, depending on what leftovers you have in the refrigerator. The last time I made the stew, I added some pieces of zucchini just because we have lots of fresh zucchini from the garden. Another time I might add leftover corn or green beans. Below is my main recipe and then add your own extras.

With the cooler weather approaching, this is a recipe to keep in mind.

Hamburger Stew

1 lb hamburger browned
1 Small can diced tomatoes
1 Med onion chopped
4 Carrots cut up
2 Med potatoes cut up
1/2 - 1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 can peas
Salt and pepper to taste
Add any other vegs you might have on hand

Mix all ingredients in large pot and let simmer for 1 - 2 hrs on low heat. You may need to add a small amount of water if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment